Dear Parents and Players
Every year, in the first week of the September School holidays, the John Bomben Football carnival takes place in Cairns for the following age groups (note these age groups are strictly enforced).
- U10 Boys
- U10/11 Girls
- U11 Boys
- U12 Boys and
- U12/13 Girls
TJSA is asking for expressions of interest from any player in any of the above age groups who would like to be a part of the carnival. We are specifically looking for U10 and U11 Boys and U10/11 and U12/13 Girls to take part.
If we have enough interested players we will field a TJSA team to attend the carnival. If we are short on numbers we have an opportunity to possibly combine with Johnstone River players to form a joint team to take part in the carnival.
Details as follows:
- Carnival starts Sunday Sept 20thand concludes Friday September 25th
- Travel and/or Accommodation is the responsibility of each player
- Cost will be approximately $15 per player for registration and you may need to buy additional shorts and socks for the JRF team uniform – TJSA will pay nomination fees and jerseys will be supplied.
- We will endeavour to find a place for you in either a TJSA, JRF or Cairns team
What to do:
- You must email Lachlan Peden (email@example.com) to nominate your interest by August 28that the latest.
- Advise of your availability for the duration of the carnival eg. Can play each day or only certain days?
- GIRLS – whether you just want to play in an all girls’ team or are happy to play in a boys’ team if necessary.